Announcement: The 2019 ESL Winter Championships takes place on Sunday 22 December 2019. Registration is now open!
Upcoming LEAGUES & TOURNAMENTS
Men’s Christmas Soccer Tournament Rules
$400 per team (includes referee fees). Must be paid prior to first game’s kickoff.
- Games are 40 minutes in length (running clock, no halftime). Matches may end in a draw during the “Group phase” of the tournament. All teams are expected to bring a “primary” and an “alternate” color jersey.
- Rosters are capped at 15 players per team. Players may not make an appearance for more than one team. If there is a roster dispute, the player will be ruled as a member of the first team for which he made an appearance.
- Any player receiving a straight red card will be ejected from the tournament. He must leave the property immediately. There is no appeal process on straight red cards for this tournament. A player who receives two yellow cards in one match (and thus a red) is suspended for the following match. There is no appeal process on cards. All referee decisions are in fact final with no exceptions.
- A team “may” start with a minimum of five players (including goalkeeper).
- Neither violent conduct of any sort (on or off the field on the campus of the tournament) nor any sort of verbal abuse (towards the officials and/or tournament staff) will be tolerated and will be grounds for immediate removal from the tournament.
- Tournament fees must be paid prior to team’s first game. No pay, no play.
- 9v9 format on 70×50 artificial turf playing surface (with offside). USSF rules apply unless stated above.
The complete playing rules can be found here. However, the above shall serve as modifications of the rules of competition (ie – if addressed above, the above listed rules supersede the formal rules of competition).
At the end of the round robin group phase of the tournament, the top two teams group progress to the final. Standings for the group stage is calculated as follows:
- 3 points for a win
- 1 point for a draw
- 0 points for a loss
For standings purposes, a maximum of five goals per match will count towards goal differential. As such, the tiebreaker will utilize adjusted goal differential unless indicated otherwise.
If two or more teams are tied in the standings, we go through the following tiebreaker format. In the event that there are more than two teams tied in the standings, the process shall restart until all ties are broken. More specifically, if there are three teams in a tiebreaker (all teams have identical win-loss-tie standings) the team with the best adjusted goal differential would win that tiebreaker. In the event all ties cannot be settled by item one, we would move to item two for the remaining teams and down the line until all ties are broken.
1. Head to head,
2. Adjusted Goal Differential (PSD – max five per game),
3. Goals conceded (actual),
4. Goals scored (actual),
5. Least number of yellow cards (1) + red cards (3)
6. Repeat until all ties are broken.
1. Playoffs and championships only.
2. Two five (5) minute halves. No golden goal.
3. If still tied at the end of the second overtime period, standard PK rules apply.
In summary, if you are looking for an exciting, fair, and competitive level soccer league in Erie, PA that delivers exactly what it promises – we have FINALLY arrived. We look forward to welcoming you to the ESL.
For questions, interest, or sponsorship opportunities, you can reach me – firstname.lastname@example.org.